Our vision is to create a community-based digital platform that aims to promote a positive representation of the diversity, engagement and experiences of today’s Muslim living in the West.
Our mission is to nurture a safe online space for Muslims to share their lived experiences through the art of storytelling:
- To experience the power of healing and genuine connection with others
- To define the Muslim identity by sharing narratives woven through the common thread of Islam
We will strive to reclaim the Muslim narrative by:
- Endorsing a stronger, unified connection within the culturally diverse Muslim community
- Encouraging opportunities for Muslims to share and learn from our different experiences and perspectives
- Enabling Muslims to become fully-engaged within the wider community through positive social and political activism as well as intra- and interfaith dialogue
- Challenging extremism, unethical cultural biases and taboos that hijack Islamic values and cohesion
- Confronting Islamophobia, xenophobia and other forms of racism and discrimination
Mohamed Hammoud: Founder
Mohamed Hammoud is a facilitator in leadership, diversity and inclusion, community advocate and keynote speaker. His most recent speaking event was a TEDx Talk about the Muslim identity in the Western world.