Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim
As Salamu Alaikum viewers!
Brainwashing may not be an appropriate word to use for a topic on raising a child, but to me, it is a perfect word to use. If people can brainwash people to hate and do evil, why can’t we do the opposite?
In today’s world, there is so much brainwashing going on, from the TV to books and so on. Even the educational system has their way of controlling the child’s way of thinking. So, if we inspire our child to love and not hate, this world would be a much better place for all. There will be a lesser chance for the child to take the wrong path in life.
It is so sad to see wars and crimes being committed night and day by humans who were once children. No human being in their right mind would want to commit such evil, but sadly since childhood, their minds had been bombarded with violence and hatred in all that they watched or heard. We all like to see a peaceful world, so let us start with our own children. Let us raise our child to be the one who helps the weak and oppressed and to be the leader of justice. Let’s teach them to do good at a very young age, therefore when they grow up, they will live in harmony with all of the creations of Allah.
The Light of Good People, Will Shine throughout the World -Gulmakai Popal Saleh
Tips & Tricks for Successful Parenting
- Teach the child what hate brings and what love brings.
- Teach them to give to those who are less fortunate than them.
- Parents should set a good example by practicing good character.
- Take the child to the shelter so they can even serve in the kitchen soup.
- Take the child to nursing homes to read to the elderly so they can learn to respect elders.
- Make sure they remember to thank Allah for their own blessings.
- Travel around the world to build the love of humanity. If you can’t afford it then show them pictures and videos of those who are different.
- Share stories with your child when you or a family member who was once poor or in some kind of difficult time in your life.
- Read the Quran and hadiths which relates to being a good person and reflect on them.
- Teach them about different cultures, nationalities, religions, societies etc. so, they can have respect for all.
Doing good and having the right belief go hand in hand in Islam. The Quran speaks of true Muslims very often as “those who believe and do good deeds”. Both the Quran and the Prophet (pbuh) have told Muslims that the best among them is that person who shows the best behavior towards other people.
May Allah guide us all to serve humanity with justices.
Founder of Youth Under the Shade